Friday, April 23, 2010

Message to A-Rod: Respect Dallas Braden

Oakland Athletics pitcher Dallas Braden was on the hill to take on the 2009 World Series champions The New York Yankees on Thursday.

In the top of the sixth inning Alex Rodriguez jogged across the mound after a foul ball. Braden yelled at the Rodriguez for trespassing immediately at the conclusion of the inning. Rodriguez brushes Braden off like a child.

Dallas Braden said "I don't care if I'm Cy Young or the 25th man on the roster, if I've got the ball in my hand and I'm on that mound, that's my mound ..., He ran across the pitcher's mound foot on my rubber. No, not happening. We're not the door mat anymore."

Rodriguez didn’t seem to care much about Braden’s objection and made light of the situation.

“He just told me to get off his mound,” Rodriguez said “I’d never quite heard that, especially from a guy that has a handful of wins in his career.”
The reporter told Rodriguez “he said you ran over the mound and you are not supposed to do that.” Rodriguez said “Who said that?” The report stated “he did”, “Exactly” Rodriguez answered with a smug.
Rodriguez finished the interview stating “I thought it was pretty funny, actually”
"He's right, I don't even have a handful of wins, I have three. Do the math A-Rod." Braden responded.

"Well, now he has, you know? I don't go over there and run laps at third base. I don't go over there. I don't spit over there. I don't spit over there. I stay away. You guys ever see anybody run across the mound like that? He ran across the pitcher's mound, foot on my rubber. No. Not flyin." Braden said.

Braden said “I’m not a spec on his radar and that’s fine but he will know I was out there and will know to not do that again, because there will be repercussions if it happens again.”

A-Rod has been criticized for his “bush league” antics. During Game 6 of the 2004 American League Championship, he slapped the ball out of Bronson Arroyo’s hand during a tag. Most recently he yelled at Blue Jays infielders to distract them during an infield fly ball.

It does not look like Dallas Braden intends to feud with Alex Rodriguez after the end of the series.

"It's over and done with as far as I'm concerned," Braden said. "Like I said, the guy's a first ballot Hall of Famer. I'm sure he's moved on already but I'd like to think an impression was made and that he could honor and respect the game and our team and our club and what we're trying to do a little more next time." Braden concluded.

Braden go the last laugh earning the win over the New York Yankees giving him a 3-0 season record.

With two more games left in the series, there could be more drama ahead.

Rodriguez seems to always be in the headlines. From Madonna to illegal substances, Alex Rodriguez acts more like a rock star than he does a ball player.

Do you agree with Dallas Braden’s reaction?

No comments:

Post a Comment